Blog Home Agent of Chaos City Poetry Zine Buy Stuff!

...and they lived happily ever after. Smith & Lady: poets, artists, photographers & adventurers.
Our relationship was forged to the soundtrack of Yoko Ono's magic,
frenetic, love-laden song, "Walking On Thin Ice." ( play song )

pulp sculptress

detail of (S)Edition by Melissa Jay Craig – foto by Smith

Chicago paper and book maker pulp sculptress Melissa Jay Craig stayed with us 4 days while she installed a show of her paper sculptures at The Morgan here in Cleveland.

The large edition of 99 Amanita Muscaria-ish mushroom books sprouting from the walls is titled (S)Edition.

More titles, info and Craig art

And check out her blahg

Listening
Artists: Melissa Jay Craig and Pamela Paulsrud
Opening reception Friday June 18, 7-9 pm

Morgan Art of Papermaking Conservatory & Educational Foundation
show runs from June 4 through July 30, 2010

Here’s a taste of Melissa’s portion.

opening is really Friday, June 18 – fotos by Smith

Morgan Art of Papermaking
Conservatory & Educational Foundation
1754 E. 47th Street
Cleveland, OH 44103
Gallery Hours: Wed. – Sat. 10:00 to 4:00
216-361-9255

10 Responses to “pulp sculptress”

1. […] and therefore the perfect antidote to the hard but lovely work in the gallery. (Smith even put up images of the show faster than me!)  And, once again, I slowed down and stayed an extra afternoon and night; good for […]

2. ke says:

Really amazing art pieces. I am in awe…

3. smith says:

melissa and i go back to the warehouse days in 1981 artistically. she’s about the most creative person i know. and she’s getting a world-wide rep in the paper art world.

4. chris/ runewarrior says:

Woooww… I want to see this. I love that people create things I can’t even imagine.

This is awesome. Thanks for the super photos..

I will try to get to see this when I am there sometime this month.

5. Gerry Zeck says:

She blew me away with her work this morning. Such a fine morning. Thank you for bringing me this joy.

6. Dear Melissa and Pamela,
    what a wonderful collection of works and ideas,
    congratulations.
    we just dismantled Lynn Sures Istanbul pulp painting exhibition.
    God knows we would like to have you in the future
    to inspire Turkish art world to what you are doing.
    enjoy life in good health,
    cordially,
    oz

7. MadM says:

Thanks, Smiths and everyone. Oz, I would love to come to Istanbul!

8. Wow, I really hope I can see this! Phenomenal stuff. Will this show travel to another venue after Cleveland?
    Best,
    Britt

9. smith says:

this may b e the only time all 99 pieces in the (S)Edition piece will be together because folks will probably buy individual units. melissa has a lot a shows going on – check her website at
    for more news. she’s getting rather well known.

10. jb says:

thanks for posting those photos – i need to check that show out while i can – thank you so much